Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Winter 2008 Trollbeads Release!

Has anyone else seen the New Winter 2008 Trollbeads that will be coming out on February 15th? I've seen them - and on one site, they were even shown as "available for pre-order!" [My mistake. I thought I had read they could be pre-ordered; but it must have been my interpretation, or wishful thinking!. :-) ]

For example, earlier today, I received an email newsletter from RetiredTrollbeads (see image of a screen capture I took of the email). When I first received the newsletter, I followed the link to view the new beads on their website. I was blown away!!! The new stuff is REALLY GREAT!!!

But, interestingly enough, I just went back to look at the new beads again ... and they aren't there anymore!! The whole new "line" was on the site, for sale - as a pre-order. [Again - my mistake!] Now, even if I "search," I can't find them. The entire section is gone.

So, I'm guessing that the Head Troll at Trollbeads wasn't exactly happy to see the information published to us common folk!! But, when people are excited about something, it's hard to keep a lid on it.

If you REALLY think about it, keeping pictures and descriptions "secret" doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, exactly why is this a problem? How does it hurt if people see the pictures - or if they read a description about the new beads? It's a PICTURE. It's a DESCRIPTION. I can't print it, trim the picture and wear it on my bracelet!! So, the way I see it, it's really silly to make it be such a huge "Troll Secret."

Releasing information about the new beads only deepen the eager anticipation and whet the appetite of those of us who are already excited about the new Trollbeads! So, what is the big deal, folks???

So, since I caught a glimpse of the new beads, I share my opinion. In other words, if you don't want to know what I think, you don't have to read. :-) I think that these Trollbeads are going to be very special and unbelievably beautiful! I really think that this bunch of beads are the best that Trollbeads has ever produced!!

There are tons of bright and vibrant colors in some really cool styles, textures and patterns - and I am actually beyond excited about seeing the leather bracelets in person. These are Über cool and look like they will be a lot of fun!

I was so surprised, tho, about the rings! When I first learned that Trolbeads was going to make rings as part of their jewelry, I was really skeptical. i thought they wouldbe like those funky chunky style rings that are able to "hold" glass beads (and I don't care a lot for those) - but they aren't! Yay! They are very pretty! Most are silver, and the designs really span many interests: florals, critters, royalty, etc., and some even reflect patterns from certain silver/gold beads. And, a few even have gold, pearls or glass, too! They are quite eye-catching, and I am truly forward to seeing them in person. Or "on-hand." :-)

So, for me, February 15th can't get here soon enough!

I want to send a HUGE thank you to the fabulous Trollbeads designers for the amazing work they have done. I think they deserve a vacation, but not for too long. :-) I love their work so much, that I encourage them to rest up ... and then retun to work, refreshed and rejuvenated ... and ready to start creating again! Personally, I can't even think about facing a life without my Trollbeads! And they just keep getting better and better ... and beter ... and better ... and better .. and better ...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trollhound,
I agree with you, with the whole why keep it a secret and what is it really hurting to show pictures of the new beads, adding the photos to my site I didn’t know would cause such a big stir and problem in the Trollbead world, I honestly didn’t know it wasn’t allowed. I just figured hey our devoted customers are going to love these and posted them. No one told us to keep it hush hush or I would’ve followed the rules.

The only thing is, I didn’t add anything or write anything that mentioned they could be pre-ordered from our website.

RetiredTrollbeads.com

Anonymous said...

Hello from the Netherlands to you, Trollhound!

Out here, we were as surprised as you were with the new beads: they are stunning! Like you said, bright colors, beautiful patterns and the leather bracelet: wow!
And then the pictures were gone... ;-( Luckily someone saved them on the computer so we can still look at them.
Only 15 days to go: Yippie!

To RetiredTrollbeads: thank you very much! I do not understand why it caused such a big stir, the Dutch Trollbeadslovers are saving all their money to spent on februari the 15th, so they should thank you for it!

Trollcatcher